Sunday, February 23, 2020

Casual 40k


Warhammer 40k casual event and not as much gaming as I’d like

Sadly, I did not get to game as much this week as I typically like to. I played some Commander Friday night and tried out my new Kess deck (https://edhrec.com/commanders/kess-dissident-mage). I mostly made this deck out of cards I had lying around, with the addition to some cards I picked up at That’s Entertainment! in Worcester. It is certainly not a top-level deck, but it is fun. I think she really allows you to use instant and sorceries to great effect even in a game of Commander. I will work on getting the decklist up at some point. I also go to play a single game with my new Simic deck (listed in a previous post), and it continued to do quite well.

This Saturday, a local store, The Armoury, had a casual 40k gaming event. I don’t really have a 40k list that I really like at the moment, so I played a weird version of Imperial Soup, seen here:

Imperial Guard- Cadians
Company Commander with command point returning warlord trait, and relic
Aradia Madellan Psyker character
10 guard X 3

Mechanicus Stygies VIII
Tech Priest
Tech Priest
5 Rangers
7 Rangers
5 Vanguard with 2 Plasma Calivers
3 Dragoons
1 Onager with neutron laser

Knights House Krast
Armiger with meltagun X 2
Knight Errant with fist, better missile launcher, and relic giving it a 2+ save

               This was not really a competitive list, but I had it all painted, so I figured why not?

I played two games, one against a mixed force of Iron hands and Mechanicus. This was a fun game and, I ended up winning. I was impressed with marines could do even without all of their abilities (as when they are allied they lose many of their abilities). Here are some highlight pictures:










After that I played against an Ork army. I ended up losing this game, but it was very close. My opponent simply had too many Orks! Here are some pictures from that one:









I did get a chance to make new draft of the board for my board game. I'll say more about this later and I need to work on making it more artistically pleasing, but I think this is fine start:






Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment