Monday, May 14, 2012

I lost like a chump

It was a good time and the tourney despite the fact that I had a super allergy attack that day and could hardly stand. I did manage to roll some dice and play some folk (all of whom were good opponents). End story I got destroyed . I had a list designed to take on power armor and not a single suit was fielded against me. Nids the first round, which I got 8-19 VPs. This one I blame on my termies missing all but one close combat attack they made. Then a great game against a shooty ork horde. This one Coteaz and crew after taking 3 out of 11 members of the unit as casualties rolled box cars for leadership (they needed =10 or under) and box cars to run of the board. Those were very effective stray ork bullets... so I lost 3-6 kill points giving me only 5 points for that match. The finally game was also against a shorty ork horde. This one had a nob bike squad that I charged with my close combat crusader unit. In an allergy fueled moment I forgot hammer hand rolled a 1 for the psycotroke grenades and failed to do a single wound despite 26 power weapon attacks.... yup that was the end of that game.....

At any rate I decided my ego could not take playing the "power gaming" army and losing like a chump. So the grey knights were a great painting lesson but appear to be going out the door. I just won a bid on a tau army... unpainted via the ebay seen here

Also I am going with option 3 below

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/02/14

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment